Social Media Share

       
   

Thursday 28 May 2015

How to Slim Down Models in Photoshop

Today I'm going to show you how to slim down a model in Adobe Photoshop. And that may be a little bit of an overstatement. This is a very, very complicated process. I'm going to show you the basic way, one basic way, to sort of get started with it, and then I'll talk through a little bit about what else you'll need to do. So, let's take an image that I have here. Here I am wearing a suit, and sort of tapered in here, but let's say I really want to look really model-y and get that hour glass figure on my, on my body here. So, let's first zoom in. We're going to use the magnet, magnetic lasso tool, just to make this process quick. Make sure you get a good, a good crop, normally, to do any edits, magnetic lasso's only good for usually the bigger, less precise stuff, but we'll take the area that we want to slim down. Then I'm going to go to the grow function. So I'm going to go to modify, or actually, let's do expand, and add about 12 pixels to it, that will be good. So now we're, we're using the right dimensions that you can see the cuts are here but we're expanded, and now I'm going to go into filter, blur, I'm sorry, distort, and then use the pinch function. So that's filter, distort, pinch, and let's just do, yeah, let's do like 50, just as an example. Okay. And as you can see, it shrunk down my midsection a little bit. That's sort of created a little bit of that slimming down model. So, let's undo it so that you can see the original, and there's back to the original, and real quick, there's the next one. So it was a slight change, but you can see that the midsection is shrunk down. The pinch function is one good way to sort of shrink everything together. You'll also need to use either some blurring, or some other tone effects on the edge because the pinch function does tend to leave some things on the sides. But that's basically how to slim down a model in Adobe Photoshop, and make thing seem just more, more thin with that model approach, or that model look. I hope you enjoyed thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment